INNOVATIVE AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING STRATEGY
Groundbreaking innovation is in our DNA
Mazda's breakthrough SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY is an innovative automotive engineering strategy that delivers superior fuel economy, enhanced safety, lower emissions and a natural, intuitive response to driver input - all without ever giving up an ounce of Mazda's signature driving exhilaration.
- Lower fuel consumption: The SKYACTIV-G 2.0 L engine produces more low/mid-range torque, yet has lower fuel consumption and emissions than our previous 2.0 L engine.
- High efficiency: The 2.5 L SKYACTIV-G engine has a high compression ratio for superior fuel economy and low- and mid-range torque that surpasses conventional gasoline engines.
- 6-hole direct fuel injector: A high-pressure 6-hole direct fuel injector helps keep fuel cool to improve combustion efficiency.
- Improved torque: The SKYACTIV-G engine is the world's first gasoline engine for mass production vehicles to achieve a high compression ratio of 13:1, capturing more energy from fuel and improving fuel efficiency and torque.
- Raise the compression ratio: The dome-shaped pistons in the SKYACTIV-G engine raise the compression ratio, harnessing more energy from fuel.
- Reduces friction: The SKYACTIV-G engine improves oil and water pump efficiency, and reduces friction in pistons, rods and crank shaft.
4-2-1 exhaust manifold: The special 4-2-1 exhaust manifold is one of the innovations in the SKYACTIV-G engine that helps make a high compression ratio possible.
- Precise responsiveness: To build the SKYACTIV-Drive transmission, we combined all the best features of modern transmissions to get smooth shifting, steady acceleration, and the precise responsiveness of a manual.
- More torque quickly: The SKYACTIV-Drive transmission takes the speed of the driver's pedal inputs into account. When the pedal is pressed slowly, the transmission does not shift until the driver has used all available torque. When the pedal is pressed quickly, the transmission shifts down sooner to give the driver more torque more quickly.
- 6-speed SKYACTIV-MT: Inspired by the legendary MX-5, the 6-speed SKYACTIV-MT manual transmission is smaller, lighter and stronger than any we've built before - promoting better fuel economy.
- More fuel efficiency: SKYACTIV-Drive transmission delivers more fuel efficiency than our previous automatic transmission, combining the responsive feel of a manual with the smoothness of an automatic.
Body and Chassis
- Improved body rigidity: Through smarter engineering and materials, we were able to improve body rigidity (for better handling) and shed weight, all while improving crash safety performance and fuel economy.
- Ultra-high-tensile steel: We are constantly searching for new ways to make you safer behind the wheel. That's why Mazda is the first auto manufacturer to use ultra-high-tensile steel in body construction.
- Steel & aluminum: Until now welding two different metals such as steel and aluminum has been a difficult task. However, by optimizing the rotating tool shape and joining characteristics, and by using galvanized steel on one side, joining steel and aluminum has been made possible.
- Nimble at low speed, stable a high speed: The SKYACTIV-Chassis steering and suspension systems achieve two seemingly contradictory goals - nimble at low speeds, yet stable at high speeds. And stability and responsiveness are both key components of how a vehicle performs when safety matters.
To plan a route to an address press navigation on the home screen
Navigation icons will come up on the bottom of the Screen.
To plan a route to an address press navigation on the commander control
When you roll over an icon a label appears
1) Select new destination and then select find address
By default the navigation system detects your country and city location
Select country City or postal code to change the destination location
2) Enter the street name and then enter the address number then complete your destination entry confirm the destination entry or press back to return to and edit your destination entry.
Choose start to begin your directions
To plan a route to an address using your voice
Press the talk button.
When you hear the tone you can say, for example, “navigate to new address”
SAY the full address for your destination – for example
1060 Yates Street Victoria BC
SAY “Line 1” if the address is correct.
The navigation system will start with verbal instructions and on-screen directions.
For safety reasons you should always plan on a route before you start driving.
DESIGNED TO TURN HEADS
Our new KODO "Soul of Motion" design language abounds with graceful, yet energetic, lines. Like the effects of wind or the flow or water, KODO is a unique expression of power and beauty seen in instantaneous motion at the very moment motion begins. It's a cheetah pouncing on its prey. It's the moment a sword strikes in the ancient Japanese art of kendo. It's instantaneous power, speed, dignified tension and sophisticated beauty. And it's highly seductive.
KODO "Soul of Motion" design intricately blends dynamism and emotional appeal, evoking an intelligent, dignified and spirited poise.
The MAZDA6-exclusive alloy wheels look better, wear better and - most of all - handle better, with less vibration and greater resistance to twisting forces. Like the technology above them, they perform.
No shade of red was good enough. So we engineered a new one with an elaborate three-step painting process. The result is a red so deep, yet so vibrant, it could only be called Soul Red.
Ultimate athletic space
KODO interior design creates "ultimate athletic space," focusing on linking ergonomics with basic mechanical functions.
The shape, look and feel of a KODO cockpit reveals meticulous craftsmanship and quality materials that heighten the senses and make travelling a very comfortable proposition.
The new Human-Machine Interface (HMI) cockpit design has optimum space and easy access to technology tools that enable the driver to focus on the task of driving.
Thanks to the available HMI Commander Switch, audio, navigation and Bluetooth® can be controlled intuitively and smoothly using rotary, push and tilt operations.
Aesthetics & acoustics
The available leather-trimmed upholstery on the MAZDA6 is so meticulously crafted that its perforated holes are spaced flawlessly to enhance not only the cabin's aesthetics, but its acoustics as well.
Ride in first class
With KODO design, even passengers ride in "first class." With generous legroom and scalloped seats, passengers receive the "chauffeur" treatment.
World's first bioplastics
In collaboration with industry-academia-government, Mazda has developed the world's first bioplastic that can successfully be employed in car production. Bioplastics are carbon-neutral and reduce the consumption of fossil fuels, thus producing less CO2.
Three-Layer Wet Paint System
Mazda has developed the unique Three-Layer Wet Paint System, the first technology in the world to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOC) and CO2 emissions simultaneously.
Active Driving Display
Keep your eyes focused on the road with the Active Driving Display projects critical driving information like speed, navigation, safety alert and cruise control right within your line of sight.
i-ACTIV All-Wheel drive system monitors the exterior temperature, wiper operation, the amount of toque required to turn the front wheels and the load on the engine. The system will then know if it is raining, snowing, if the road is slippery, or if the driver is on a hill or attempting to turn. This will enable the i-ACTIV AWD system to accurately predict when slippage will occur.
i-ACTIV All-Wheel drive sends enough torque to the rear wheels to prevent slippage from occurring. Providing traction associated with All-Wheel drive, and minimizing the impact on fuel consumption.
Direction from the command module lets the i-ACTIV AWD system apply the required torque to the wheels to deliver an exceptionally stable driving experience with better control over acceleration, turns, breaking and slippage.
An ideal split of torque between the front and rear wheels is achieved through the i-ACTIV AWD command module's innovative 200-times-per-second calculations, allowing for quick and responsive reactions that ensure a better, controlled drive
The i-ACTIV AWD system uses numerous sensors to determine the driver's intentions. Is the driver intending to accelerate? How sharply is the steering wheel turned? How much pressure is on the brakes? These and other considerations are taken into account, and determine how the system reacts in order to achieve optimum control.
Uncompromised Fuel Efficiency
i-ACTIV AWD was designed to deliver exceptional responsiveness and to challenge the convention that an AWD vehicle must be inefficient. In order to deliver the benefits of AWD and excellent fuel efficiency they set out to reduce the weight of the AWD components and to minimize frictional losses.
Intuitive technology. Instinctive safety.
i-ACTIVSENSE is a new generation of active safety technologies that automatically sense the vehicle's environs - from nighttime lighting, to the proximity of other vehicles - and help the driver recognize hazards, avoid collisions and reduce the severity of accidents when they simply cannot be avoided.
Blind Spot Monitoring System
Mazda's Blind Spot Monitoring System uses radar sensors to detect objects in your left or right blind spots and then alerts you with a warning light in the appropriate side mirror.
Adaptive Front Lighting System
The Adaptive Front Lighting System provides enhanced nighttime illumination by moving up to 15º in the direction of your turn, allowing you to spot potential hazards ahead.
High Beam Control
High Beam Control automatically switches between high and low beams - helping the driver quickly spot pedestrians and other potential obstructions on the road at night.
Rear Cross Traffic Alert
When backing out from a parking spot, Rear Cross Traffic Alert detects any vehicle approaching from the side and promptly alerts the driver.
Lane Departure Warning System
The Lane Departure Warning System senses lane markings on the road and alerts the driver when it predicts the vehicle is going to unintentionally depart from its lane.
Smart City Brake Support
Detects objects ahead at low speeds and prepares the vehicle to stop by adjusting the brake pads closer to the disc. If no driver action is taken, the system automatically applies the brakes.
Mazda Radar Cruise Control
Mazda Radar Cruise Control monitors the speed of the vehicle ahead and automatically adjusts cruise control settings to maintain a safe headway distance.
Smart Brake Support
Helps avoid or reduce the severity of collisions at mid to high speeds by detecting vehicles and obstacles as far as 200 meters ahead. When a risk of collision is detected, the system slows the car by automatically applying the brakes.
Forward Obstruction Warning
The Forward Obstruction Warning system detects vehicles ahead and alerts the driver to an approaching risk of collision early enough for the driver to take evasive action.
Don't stop at stopping
i-ELOOP is a unique regenerative braking system that creates electricity from wasted energy when you slow down. Unlike conventional systems that use a battery, i-ELOOP uses a capacitor to store energy to help power electrical features. The result: improved fuel economy.
100% Engine Power
Usually, about 10% of an engine's output powers electrical systems. With i-ELOOP regenerative brake system, 100% of the engine's power can be used for propulsion - for better fuel economy.
Imagine a brake system that actually saves you gas. Mazda did. The i-ELOOP regenerative braking system is an ingenious gas saver by allowing energy from gas to power vehicle propulsion only, rather than being wasted on powering the vehicle's electrical system.
Saving Engine Power
The i-ELOOP regenerative braking system stores kinetic energy created during deceleration. The stored energy is then used to power the vehicle's electrical systems - saving engine power for driving.